Some best practices for keeping your Keplr wallet safe
Your access to the Keplr wallet you have setup begins and ends with the mnemonic seed you received when you set up your account. If you are not currently logged into your account, there is no way to recover your mnemonic seed, which means if you lose it you lose access to the wallet and all of the assets it holds. More crypto is lost because people lose their seed than because their seed was stolen.
With this in mind, we recommend storing your mnemonic seed in at least two separate locations (such as a safe in your house or a secure deposit box). We do not recommend storing your mnemonic seed digitally (text, photo, screenshot form), as it reduces its overall security.
If you are currently logged into your wallet and do not have a good record of your mnemonic seed, you use the directions below to access it.
- 2.Click on the profile icon
- 3.Find your wallet and click the three dots
- 4.Click view mnemonic seed
- 5.Enter password
- 6.Write down your mnemonic and store securely
- Don’t use ctrl-c or copy when copying. Instead use the built in function within wallets to copy your keys
- Use a hardware wallet if possible
- Use a hardware option such as crypto-steel to save your mnemonic seed
- Never share your private keys, mnemonic seed or password with anyone
- DO NOT screenshot your mnemonic seed
- (OPTIONAL) Use a computer exclusively reserved for accessing and interacting with your crypto assets